Fall Leaves Painting


My favorite season is fall, for many reasons:
Halloween overindulgence
Halloween sitcom specials
Halloween decorations
Sweater season

But when I was living in Boston, fall was my favorite for one main reason:
THE CHANGING LEAVES!!

During my last fall there, I was walking through a residential neighborhood and the leaves were so beautiful; translucent and opaque, red, yellow, orange, brown.  And there was a sudden windstorm for 5 or 10 minutes, whipping all of the leaves up and down the street, swirling all around me.  It was one of the most beautiful things I had seen and it is one of my favorite memories of the place.

This painting is 6"x6" gouache on hardboard.  It will live on my wall until someone buys it.
$55 http://www.etsy.com/listing/90687996/fall-leaves-original-painting

No comments: